So, finally I made it to the end of my project. It was a great experience working with phpMyAdmin through the summer. Since final evaluations are drawing close, Isaac suggested me to make a blog post of links to all the pull requests I submitted. That makes this post an official artifact of my GSoC project. I am glad that I was able to stick to the proposed plan for the most part. Towards the end, we had to re-plan slightly. I am thankful to my mentor for being very supportive during this time. Continue reading “Closing GSoC.. Final code submission”
First of all, I successfully passed my second evaluations. Thanks to my mentor. 🙂
The reason I didn’t blog since then is that there was not much progress. Reopening of my college and registration took up more time than expected. Adding to the trouble, my next task Setup improvements turned out be more challenging than expected. It was not suggested in the initial project enhancements collection. But I added it as I felt it is important feature and a good replacement for the other task – Filling random test data in database. Why I had to replace? That’s another story. Continue reading “So, I had a setback!!”
All are probably familiar with vpn.iiit.ac.in. It clearly details steps to follow for setting up IIIT VPN which includes going through a series of steps every time you want to connect. So, I made this small procedure to automate it. Continue reading “Single command set up for IIIT VPN”
This week, there is nothing much to update. It turned out that my previous task i.e., to consolidate table sorter libraries used by phpMyAdmin is not needed. The reason being the two libraries mentioned in the task are independent of each other and do not do the same task. I am getting code reviews on my previously submitted patches. I will be working on them those patches this week and hopefully get some of them merged.
The following are the patches I submitted so far:
This week, I worked on adding two-factor authentication support for phpMyAdmin. This is by far the most interesting feature I worked on. I never really worked keenly on the security aspect of any software. This indeed has been a very good learning experience.
I am late to update the blog this week. Sorry for that.
First, I want to talk about first evaluations whose results came out on 30th. I have successfully passed the evaluations. My mentor gave me a very postive feedback which is really motivating.
Few updates about past work: Continue reading “Cross-DB relations in designer and other updates”
I submitted pull request for my second task i.e., adding configuration options for default transformations. As I explained in the proposal. I thought I will have to add configuration for every transformation. But I realised not all of the transformations make use of options. So, I added configuration only for those that looked like they make use of paramaeters. I have a feeling that a better option would be to add empty arrays for those transformations that don’t make use of options because in future, the transformations may be modified to make use of parameters and they can modify these empty arrays. Anyway, I raised this question in comments on my pull request. I will act according to response. Continue reading “Configuration options for default transformations”